Osservatorio alpinistico lecchese
A modern and interactive museum to discover the history and the men who made great Lecco mountaineering traditions
The Osservatorio alpinistico lecchese (Lecco Mountaineering Observatory) is housed on the top floor of the Palace of Fears (Palazzo delle Paure), in the center of Lecco in the historic Piazza XX Settembre.
When we talk about Lecco it is inevitable to think of our mountains and mountaineers that have made them famous all over the world.
Lecco Mountaineering Observatory is a modern and interactive museum with multimedia technology which presents the history of mountaineering from its beginnings to the present day.
The museum is structured to allow the visitor to discover the different aspects of the mountain world: seven different locations show the close link among Lecco, its mountains and the men that have marked and done the history of mountaineering.
Next to some memorabilia, among which stands out the red sweater of Ragni of Lecco, which tell us how the materials have evolved over time, we find different “stations”:
- screens that reconstruct the events of mountaineering of Lecco from its origins to the present, thanks to interviews with the protagonists and historical footage,
- an interactive three-dimensional model depicting our territory between Lake Como and the surrounding mountains,
- an interactive planisphere showing the different world expeditions of Lecco climbers,
- and certainly it’s original the library in the rock: so many cards with different topics and themes that placed on the reader allow the visitor to read, zoom, scroll between the tabs on a large screen. A very personal and fully interactive multimedia way to discover Lecco mountaineering.
Lecco, mountains and … Riccardo Cassin peeping on the wall full of images showing us the story and the characters of our mountaineering. Riccardo Cassin had his beloved Grignetta as a climbing gym and Lecco Mountaineering Observatory allows you to experience the vertical dimension thanks to an artificial climbing wall with different levels of difficulty marked by different colored blocks.
If you come to Lecco you cannot miss a visit to this museum, which makes us proud to live in a territory rich in culture and traditions. Not only lake Como but our surrounding mountains tell us about our land identity.
The Lecco Mountaineering Observatory belongs to Si.M.U.L., the urban museum system, allowing you to visit Villa Manzoni and Palazzo Belgiojoso with a cumulative ticket.
Osservatorio alpinistico lecchese / opening times 2022
- Monday closed
- Tuesday to Sunday / from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m.
Closure of all poles: January 1st, Easter, May 1st, December 25th – 26th
Opening: Easter Monday and Monday 25 April
NOTE – GREEN PASS IS NECESSARY From 6 August 2021 to access all the museum centers and exhibition halls of the system (Villa Manzoni, Palazzo delle Paure, Palazzo Belgiojoso and Torre Viscontea) (Decree-law of 23 July 2021 no. 105).
At the same time, the previous foreseen prevention regulations remain valid, such as spacing and the obligatory mask for indoor places.
Osservatorio alpinistico lecchese / Rates 2022
- full / € 6.00
- ordinary reduced ticket / € 4.00
- special reduced / € 2.00
- cumulative full ticket* / € 10.00
- reduced cumulative ticket* / € 8.00
- special reduced cumulative ticket* / € 4.00
* valid for 30 days from issue
Reduced single and reduced cumulative tickets
- Citizens residing in the Municipality of Lecco
- Groups of more than 8 people
- Children under 18 and over 65
- University students holding the University Student Card
- Members of associations affiliated with the Municipality of Lecco in good standing with the annual fee FAI and TCI members with valid card
- Visitors to individual museums, when they are only partially accessible
- Visitors in possession of the “Great Exhibitions” ticket that take place at Palazzo delle Paure for both the single ticket and the cumulative ticket
- Wow Card holders
Special reduced single ticket
- Admission to exhibitions organized in collaboration with other municipal services or associations or primary and secondary schools of first degree in Lecco or at Villa Manzoni during the planned renovations of the Manzoniano Museum
- One companion for every fifteen people
- Disabled people and their companion
- ICOM (International Council of Museum) members with valid card
- Children under the age of 6
- Participants in the educational activities organized by Si.M.U.L. or by other entities, in collaboration with the Municipality of Lecco
- Holders of the Lombardy Milan Museums Subscription Card and valid extra formula
- Inauguration of exhibitions and installations or other special events
- Journalists with a valid identification card
- Children aged 6 to 18 or Over 65
- University students with a card
- pre-established groups of adults over 15 people
- FAI and TCI members with a valid card
Special reduced ticket
- Disabled visitors with a companion
- Journalists with a valid card
Osservatorio alpinistico lecchese / Where is it?
Piazza XX Settembre, 22 – 23900 Lecco
Articolo aggiornato il 10 January 2022 da eccoLecco