Museo Manzoniano in Lecco
Original furnishings, object and manuscripts of Alessandro Manzoni. The Quarantana, the leading edition of The Betrothed
The Manzonian Museum is placed at the ground floor of Villa Manzoni in Lecco and it is a house museum.
It hosts all the original furnishing belonged to Manzoni’s family and allow you to discover along its nine rooms the life of Alessandro Manzoni, who is used to spend here its summer holidays where he was young.
There are his cradle and other personal objects, original manuscripts, his works, his portrait and a series of engravings about Lecco’s territory dated back to the 18th and 19th century, paintings of 1800 and 1900 depicting the evolution of the Manzonian places’ landscapes.
Your visit become and ends with elements strictly linked to The Betrothed, the masterpiece written by Alessandro Manzoni. In the first room you can see the original dressed used for the television version by Salvatore Nocita, while in the last you can admire the Quarantana, the leading edition of The Betrothed, published in 1840.
Here at Villa Manzoni, on the second floor, you may visit the Civic Art Gallery with the unique ticket.
Cover images: @eccoLecco
Museo Manzoniano / Opening times 2022
- Monday closed
- Tuesday to Sunday / from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m.
Closure of all poles: January 1st, Easter, May 1st, December 25th – 26th
Opening: Easter Monday and Monday 25 April
NOTE – GREEN PASS IS NECESSARY From 6 August 2021 to access all the museum centers and exhibition halls of the system (Villa Manzoni, Palazzo delle Paure, Palazzo Belgiojoso and Torre Viscontea) (Decree-law of 23 July 2021 no. 105).
At the same time, the previous foreseen prevention regulations remain valid, such as spacing and the obligatory mask for indoor places.
Museo Manzoniano / Rates 2022
- full / € 6.00
- ordinary reduced ticket / € 4.00
- special reduced / € 2.00
- cumulative full ticket* / € 10.00
- reduced cumulative ticket* / € 8.00
- special reduced cumulative ticket* / € 4.00
* valid for 30 days from issue
Reduced single and reduced cumulative tickets
- Citizens residing in the Municipality of Lecco
- Groups of more than 8 people
- Children under 18 and over 65
- University students holding the University Student Card
- Members of associations affiliated with the Municipality of Lecco in good standing with the annual fee FAI and TCI members with valid card
- Visitors to individual museums, when they are only partially accessible
- Visitors in possession of the “Great Exhibitions” ticket that take place at Palazzo delle Paure for both the single ticket and the cumulative ticket
- Wow Card holders
Special reduced single ticket
- Admission to exhibitions organized in collaboration with other municipal services or associations or primary and secondary schools of first degree in Lecco or at Villa Manzoni during the planned renovations of the Manzoniano Museum
- One companion for every fifteen people
- Disabled people and their companion
- ICOM (International Council of Museum) members with valid card
- Children under the age of 6
- Participants in the educational activities organized by Si.M.U.L. or by other entities, in collaboration with the Municipality of Lecco
- Holders of the Lombardy Milan Museums Subscription Card and valid extra formula
- Inauguration of exhibitions and installations or other special events
- Journalists with a valid identification card
- Children aged 6 to 18 or Over 65
- University students with a card
- pre-established groups of adults over 15 people
- FAI and TCI members with a valid card
Special reduced ticket
- Disabled visitors with a companion
- Journalists with a valid card
Museo Manzoniano / Where is?
Accommodation in Lecco
Articolo aggiornato il 10 January 2022 da eccoLecco