Local and International contemporary art at Palazzo delle Paure (Palace of Fears) in Lecco, hosting a section of photography and graphics too.
Palazzo delle Paure is place in Lecco’s old center (Piazza XX Settembre) looking at the lakeside and at Piazza Cermenati.
It has a Neo-medieval eclectic style and was built at early 1900 on a part of the old town wall of the fortified village and until 1964 it was the office of the Customs House. Lecco’s citizens came there to pay their taxes, due to this its name of Palazzo delle Paure (Palace of Fears).
On its tower overlooking Piazza XX Settembre you can see the marble coat of arms of Visconti’s family representing a snake with a child.
The building, composed by 4 floors, hosts temporary art exhibitions, a fixed Contemporary Art Section including the most important local artists (Vitali, Secomandi, Stefanoni, Chiappori, Gasparini) and some of the greatest Italian artists (Castellani, Baj, Scanavino, Cavaliere, Rotella, Pomodoro) and the Section of Photography and Graphics.
Palazzo delle Paure / Opening times 2022
- Monday closed
- Tuesday / from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.
- Wednesday to Sunday / from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m.
Closure of all poles: January 1st, Easter, May 1st, December 25th – 26th
Opening: Easter Monday and Monday 25 April
Compulsory mask as per the rules in force.
Palazzo delle Paure / Rates 2022
- full / € 6.00
- ordinary reduced ticket / € 4.00
- special reduced / € 2.00
- cumulative full ticket* / € 8.00
- reduced cumulative ticket* / € 6.00
- special reduced cumulative ticket* / € 4.00
* valid for 30 days from issue
Reduced single and reduced cumulative tickets
- Citizens residing in the Municipality of Lecco
- Groups of more than 8 people
- Children under 18 and over 65
- University students holding the University Student Card
- Members of associations affiliated with the Municipality of Lecco in good standing with the annual fee FAI and TCI members with valid card
- Visitors to individual museums, when they are only partially accessible
- Visitors in possession of the “Great Exhibitions” ticket that take place at Palazzo delle Paure for both the single ticket and the cumulative ticket
- Wow Card holders
Special reduced single ticket
- Admission to exhibitions organized in collaboration with other municipal services or associations or primary and secondary schools of first degree in Lecco or at Villa Manzoni during the planned renovations of the Manzoniano Museum
- One companion for every fifteen people
- Disabled people and their companion
- ICOM (International Council of Museum) members with valid card
- Children under the age of 6
- Participants in the educational activities organized by Si.M.U.L. or by other entities, in collaboration with the Municipality of Lecco
- Holders of the Lombardy Milan Museums Subscription Card and valid extra formula
- Inauguration of exhibitions and installations or other special events
- Journalists with a valid identification card
- Children aged 6 to 18 or Over 65
- University students with a card
- pre-established groups of adults over 15 people
- FAI and TCI members with a valid card
Special reduced ticket
- Disabled visitors with a companion
- Journalists with a valid card
Accommodation in Lecco
Palazzo delle Paure: where is it?
Palazzo delle Paure Piazza XX Settembre, 22 – 23900 Lecco
Articolo aggiornato il 8 June 2022 da eccoLecco