Local and International contemporary art at the Palace of Fears in Lecco, hosting a section of photography and graphics too.
Local and International contemporary art at Palazzo delle Paure (Palace of Fears) in Lecco, hosting a section of photography and graphics too.
Palazzo delle Paure is place in Lecco’s old center (Piazza XX Settembre) looking at the lakeside and at Piazza Cermenati.
It has a Neo-medieval eclectic style and was built at early 1900 on a part of the old town wall of the fortified village and until 1964 it was the office of the Customs House. Lecco’s citizens came there to pay their taxes, due to this its name of Palazzo delle Paure (Palace of Fears).
On its tower overlooking Piazza XX Settembre you can see the marble coat of arms of Visconti’s family representing a snake with a child.
The building, composed by 4 floors, hosts temporary art exhibitions, a fixed Contemporary Art Section including the most important local artists (Vitali, Secomandi, Stefanoni, Chiappori, Gasparini) and some of the greatest Italian artists (Castellani, Baj, Scanavino, Cavaliere, Rotella, Pomodoro) and the Section of Photography and Graphics.
- Tuesday, Wednesday and Friday: 9:30 am – 6 pm
- Thursday: 9:30 am – 6 pm / 9 pm – 11 pm
- Saturday and Sunday: 10 am – 6 pm
- Closed on Monday, except on Monday after Easter
Cumulative ticket to visit: Villa Manzoni, Palazzo Belgiojoso and Palazzo delle Paure – Validity: 30 days from ticket’s date
- Full price: € 14,00
- Reduced: € 8,00
- Special reduction: € 4
Single ticket for Palazzo delle Paure:
- Full price: € 6,00
- Reduced: € 4,00
- Special reduction: € 2
Reduced price is for:
- citizens resident in Lecco
- groups of more than 8 persons
- person over 6 to 18 years and over 65 years
- University student with the University Student Card)
- members of the Associations under signed agreement with the Municipality of Lecco
- FAi and TCI member with valid card
- visitors if the museum is partially visitable
Special reduction for:
- shows organized in collaboration with other Municipality’s services
Free entrance for:
- 1 chaperon every 15 persons
- disables and relevant helper
- kids to 6 years
- students attending educational activities organized by Si.M.U.L.
- officials of the Ministry of Cultural Heritage and ones of Local Museums
- International Council of Museum in compliance with annual fee payment
- owners of valid Card Musei Lombardia and Piemonte
- opening of shows or other events
Discover Palazzo delle Paure at 360°
Place your mouse on the image and scroll it up and down, left and right. Live an immersive experience.
Current shows at Palazzo delle Paure
Palazzo delle Paure Piazza XX Settembre, 22 – 23900 Lecco