Belgiojoso Palace in Lecco: a museum center hosting history, nature, archeology, just few minutes far from Lecco downtown on foot.
Palazzo Belgiojoso in Lecco hosts the civic museum centre of Lecco
Belgiojoso Palace in the district of Castello in Lecco is a fine building dated back to the late 18th century.
It has a U shape opening on the internal park. As soon as you are in it welcomes you in an ample portico on which walls there are the traces of Spanish Fort of Fuentes (Colico) of 16th century, medieval decorations and commemorative stone of some Lecco’s buildings.
Palazzo Belgiojoso nowadays hosts the Museum Center of Lecco:
- Natural History Museum: 12 rooms displaying zoological, mineralogical, malacological and paleontological collection, among which you can see the fossils of Lariosaurio.
- Archaeological Museum: 8 rooms hosting grave goods dating from the Medium Paleolithic period to the High Middle Ages and Celtic grave goods from the First and Second Iron Age and the early medieval goldsmith works.
- Historical Museum hosts a diversified collections of original documents, arms and uniforms dating back to the Modern and contemporary history of Lecco’s territory.
You can also know the history of Lecco strictly linked to its industry thanks to the virtual room.
- Planetarium: one of the best structures of its kind in all Italy.
Entrance to the garden of Palazzo Belgiojoso is free. The museum ticket allows to visit the 3 museums here in, except the Planetarium.
Thanks to the cumulative ticket of the Museum System of Lecco, you can visit Villa Manzoni and Palazzo delle Paure too.
Civic Museums of Lecco at Palazzo Belgiojoso : opening times and rates
- Tuesday to Friday: 10:00 AM – 2:00 PM
- Saturday and Sunday: 10:00 AM – 6:00 PM.
- Last admission an hour before closing.
- Free admission
- All poles closed: 1 January, Easter, 1 May, 25-26 December
- Open: Easter Monday
- Città di Lecco Planetarium: check the website for opening with reservation for events.
For further information visit the website: www.museilecco.org
Lecco / Accommodation
Where is Palazzo Belgiojoso?
Palazzo Belgiojoso Corso Matteotti 32 – 23900 Lecco
Articolo aggiornato il 23 March 2023 da eccoLecco