Belgiojoso Palace in Lecco: a museum center hosting history, nature, archeology, just few minutes far from Lecco downtown on foot.
Palazzo Belgiojoso in Lecco hosts the civic museum centre of Lecco
Belgiojoso Palace in the district of Castello in Lecco is a fine building dated back to the late 18th century.
It has a U shape opening on the internal park. As soon as you are in it welcomes you in an ample portico on which walls there are the traces of Spanish Fort of Fuentes (Colico) of 16th century, medieval decorations and commemorative stone of some Lecco’s buildings.
Palazzo Belgiojoso nowadays hosts the Museum Center of Lecco:
- Natural History Museum: 12 rooms displaying zoological, mineralogical, malacological and paleontological collection, among which you can see the fossils of Lariosaurio.
- Archaeological Museum: 8 rooms hosting grave goods dating from the Medium Paleolithic period to the High Middle Ages and Celtic grave goods from the First and Second Iron Age and the early medieval goldsmith works.
- Historical Museum hosts a diversified collections of original documents, arms and uniforms dating back to the Modern and contemporary history of Lecco’s territory.
You can also know the history of Lecco strictly linked to its industry thanks to the virtual room.
- Planetarium: one of the best structures of its kind in all Italy.
Entrance to the garden of Palazzo Belgiojoso is free. The museum ticket allows to visit the 3 museums here in, except the Planetarium.
Thanks to the cumulative ticket of the Museum System of Lecco, you can visit Villa Manzoni and Palazzo delle Paure too.
New openings of the Civic Museums of Lecco
After the lock down period due to Covid emergency, the civic museums of Lecco:
- reopen to the public from 4 June 2020 in rotation
- they will be open for free until 30 August
Palazzo Belgiojoso / open Wednesday morning 10.00-13.00
ATTENTION – Visits will be possible only:
- on appointment
- respecting the health devices required by the Prime Minister and the Lombardy Region and the Municipality of Lecco for the management of its services.
Cumulative ticket to visit: Villa Manzoni, Palazzo Belgiojoso and Palazzo delle Paure – Validity: 30 days from ticket’s date
- Full price: € 14,00
- Reduced: € 8,00
- Special reduction: € 4
Single ticket for Palazzo Belgiojoso:
- Full price: € 6,00
- Reduced: € 4,00
- Special reduction: € 2
Reduced price is for:
- citizens resident in Lecco
- groups of more than 8 persons
- person over 6 to 18 years and over 65 years
- University student with the University Student Card)
- members of the Associations under signed agreement with the Municipality of Lecco
- FAi and TCI member with valid card
- visitors if the museum is partially visitable
Special reduction for:
- shows organized in collaboration with other Municipality’s services
Free entrance for:
- 1 chaperon every 15 persons
- disables and relevant helper
- kids to 6 years
- students attending educational activities organized by Si.M.U.L.
- officials of the Ministry of Cultural Heritage and ones of Local Museums
- International Council of Museum in compliance with annual fee payment
- owners of valid Card Musei Lombardia and Piemonte
- opening of shows or other events
Lecco / Accommodation
Where is Palazzo Belgiojoso?
Palazzo Belgiojoso Corso Matteotti 32 – 23900 Lecco