Tremezzo – Lake Como
Villa Carlotta on lake Como: a wonderful botanic garden and great artworks
Villa Carlotta in Tremezzo is a real gem of Lake Como, thanks to its lush botanic garden and to the excellent artworks it host.
It was built by the will of the Marquis Clerici towards the end of 17th century and he chooses this area offering a spectacular overview on Bellagio, and the mountains Grigna and Legnone. It successive owner, Count Sommariva, enriched the villa with artworks masterpiece by Canova, Thorvaldsen and Hayez and transformed part of the garden into an extraordinary romantic park.
Villa Carlotta is worldwide famous for its extraordinary spring blooming of azaleas and rhododendrons, thanks to its large variety more than 150 species.
But every period is the right one to visit Villa Carlotta and its garden: magnificent camellias, cedar trees, old-centuries sequoias, exotic essences are mixed and alternated creating beautiful nature environments giving unique and unforgettable scenarios and sensations to visitors.
Cover’s image: Ph. Emilio Buzzella
Let’s visit Villa Carlotta enjoying this video:
Villa Carlotta / Opening 2022
From March 31st open every day from 10.00 to 18.00 (last ticket)
Villa Carlotta / Prices 2022
- Adult / € 12,00
- Over-65 proof of identity required / € 10,00
- Children 6–17 years old / € 6,00
- Family (2 adults + children aged 6–17) / € 24,00
- Membership card € 50,00
- Child 0-5 years old
- Disabled people
- Accompagnatore disabile
- Resident in Tremezzina (with ID)
- Resident in Griante (with ID)
- European Union tourist guides with a professional licence
- Holders of the Abbonamento Card Musei Lombardia e Abbonamento formula Extra
- Holders of the Voucher Raccolta punti Bennet
- Adult group (min.20 pax) / € 10,00
- Schools / € 5,00
For more information visit the official website
How to get to Villa Carlotta
- by ferry: using Navigazione Lago di Como service from Varenna, Bellagio, Menaggio and other towns of lake Como, stop at Villa Carlotta/Tremezzo.
- by car:
– from Como: road n. 340 – direction Menaggio. Como is about 30 km from Tremezzo
– from Milan: highway A9 Milano – Laghi from Milan to Chiasso/Switzerland, exit Lago di Como, then follow the signals for Menaggio- Tremezzo (road n. 340)
– from Switzerland, Lugano: pass the Swiss-Italian border in Gandria, then pass Porlezza following direction Menaggio. Then take road 340 to Tremezzo. Lugano is about 28 km from Tremezzo
- by train:
– Milan Central Station – Tirano, stop Varenna Esino– Milan Central Station – Sondrio, stop Varenna Esino– Milan Porta Garibaldi Station – Chiasso, stop Como San Giovanni– Milan Cadorna Station – Como Nord Laghi, stop Como Nord Laghi
- by bus: from Como take the bus line Asf Autolinee – Line C10 Como – Menaggio – Colico, stop at Tremezzo – Villa Carlotta
Dove dormire a Tremezzo
Articolo aggiornato il 23 March 2022 da eccoLecco