Villa Manzoni in Lecco hosts a collection of paintings and engravings dated back to the 18th up to 20th century.
The Civic Art Gallery is located on the second floor of Villa Manzoni in Lecco and hosts a selection of works belonging to the Civic Museums of Lecco and counts four hundreds paintings and two thousands engravings, divided chronologically in thematic rooms.
A very interesting feature is that each painting has its coeval frame.
The works range from the Lombardy school of the 18th and 19th century to the still life of the 185th century, landscapes of 19th century, fine images of Lecco by Massimo Taparelli d’Azeglio (1798-1866), son-in-law of Alessandro Manzoni, Carlo Pizzi (1842-1909) and Giovanni Battista Todeschini (1857-1938).
On the first floor of Villa Manzoni you may visit the Manzonian Museum thanks to the unique entrance ticket.
Cover Image: Archivio Beni Culturali
- from Tuesday to Friday: 9.30 – 18:00
- Saturday and Sunday: 10:00 – 18:00
- closed on Monday, except on Monday after Easter
Full price ticket: € 6
Reduced ticket: € 4
Reduced ticket is for:
- citizens resident in Lecco
- groups of more than 8 persons
- person over 6 to 18 years and over 65 years
- university student with the University Student Card)
- members of FAI (Fondo Ambiente Italiano) and Touring Club Italiano (TCI)
Free entrance for:
- 1 chaperon every 15 persons
- disables and relevant helper
- officials of the Ministry of Cultural Heritage and ones of Local Museums
- International Council of Museum
- kids to 6 years
- holder of “Lecco Invita” voucher
- attendee to guided theatre visit or other museum events with entrance ticket
Civic Art Gallery – Manzonian Museum Via Guanella, 1 – 23900 Lecco