Mines Piani Resinelli, few minutes from Lecco. An unique experience for kids and adults to discover the history of Lecco area.
The Mines Piani Resinelli takes its name from the highland (Piani Resinelli) above Lecco where it’s located.
The history of these mines dates back to 1600, to be more precise the first documents where we read about them are dated back to 1637. They remained in use until the middle of 1900, when in 1958 it was decided to dismantle them due to economic reasons.
The mining park Piani Resinelli host several mines where different minerals were extracted.
- Mine Anna – here Silver Galena was mainly mined: a mineral (lead sulfide) containing sensibile percentages of silver, that’s why the name.
Appearance: cubic or octahedral crystals and combinations of the two.
- Mine Sottocavallo – here Blenda or Sphalerite were extracted: a zinc sulfide.
Appearance: tetrahedral crystals (direct and one inverse tetrahedron).
Colour: pale yellow, brown, black.
Schiller: adamantine on the cleavage planes, vitreous, resinous.
Transparency: from transparent to opaque.
- Mine Silvia – a room where a small stage has been designed to realize concerts in a unique and charming place.
The mines Piani Resinelli represent the story of a not so distant past, the discovery of an underground work that fascinates children and the tradition of Lecco area related to minerals and iron.
Cover image: Ph. Dario Milani
Accessible to walking human being.
Not accessible to wheelchairs or strollers.
Access denied to kids until 2 years.
Guided tours from April to October: every Sunday at 10:30, 14:30 e 16:00.
For groups (min 15 ticket persons) open every day upon booking
Full ticket (from 13 years): € 9,50
Reduced-ticket (6-12 years): € 6,50
Free: from 3 to 5 years
Groups min. 15 pax €6,50 each
How to get Mines Piani Resinelli
- by car:
– from Milano: take S.S.36 (Milano – Lecco) (Milan – Lecco) and on the third bridge take the exit Valsassina and continue straight on, until you reach the roundabout in Ballabio. Here take the second exit following the brown sign Piani Resinelli. As soon as you arrived at the first parking area don’t stop, go on driving along the ring untill you reach the camping and another parking area where you can stop. Few meters far you find signs to get to Mines on foot.
– from Lecco: take the tunnel near the Hospital Manzoni, direction Valsassina. Go on driving to Ballabio, here at the roundabout take the second exit following the brown sign Piani Resinelli. As soon as you arrived at the first parking area don’t stop, go on driving along the ring untill you reach the camping and another parking area where you can stop. Few meters far you find signs to get to Mines on foot.
To the delight of your sons
16 km da Lecco